Here is a quick rundown of who is up and who is down after the big night.
1. President Obama is obviously the big winner getting the chance to lead for four more years. After a rocky first debate performance he was able to recover.
2. David Axelrod wins big for guiding the Obama administration to victory and he also gets to keep his beloved mustache.
3. Senate Dems won big last night when earlier in the election cycle they appeared to be in danger of losing the Senate.
4. House Republicans also were able to maintain their control.
5. Paul Ryan is a big winner because he comes out of the campaign with increased stature and still has his day job in the House of Reps.
6. Main stream polls win big because they were fairly accurate and republican insiders were not.
7. Latinos flexed their voting muscles by helping deliver Florida and Colorado.
8. Mitt Romney, yeah that’s right Mitt Romney, because I came away believing that he is actually a pretty good guy in spite of what the Obama campaign tried to portray him as.
1. President Obama, some might ask how he can be able to be both a winner and a loser and the answer is simple. He is a winner for getting a 2nd term, no one can deny him that now. He is a loser because Washington looks the same (dems in the Senate and Repubs in the House) now as it did before the election and he is ultimately responsible for leading this still dysfunctional mess. He is also a loser for the manner his campaign conducted itself. There was no “hope and change” this time around. Obama embraced a brutal (but effective) onslaught of negativity against Romney during the summer months that defined the republican for many voters. But it also defined his campaign and is endanger of defining the president as a mean spirited, petty, small minded person who, oh by the way, happens to be the president.
2. Mitt Romney obviously lost his bid to be president and one has to wonder if his window to be president has closed?
3. Dick Morris, Karl Rove, Michael Barone, Rush Limbaugh, Fred Barnes and any other republican who drank the party Kool Aid and thought all the other polls were wrong and Romney would win big.
4. Joe Biden, the more exposed he is to the public the more the public wonders why he is Vice President?
5. The MSM for failing to hold the Obama admin. to account for what happened in Benghazi.
6. The Department of Defense is a big loser in an Obama 2nd term with the question being how bad will it get?
7. Last but not least the American people are the biggest losers for having to endure the status quo for four more years. Because the sad reality of last night is that absolutely nothing has changed with all respective groups maintaining there previous positions prior to the elections. The same group of so called leaders who accomplished nothing in the last few years are going to be back again.